Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vacation....Day 8

Day 8

Brent woke up at 6 am to go do laundry while we slept. However, little Trinity got up at 7 am so just me and her went to have breakfast in the motel. Brent got back at 10:30 am from laundry. How nice-fresh laundry! We planned on visiting Brandon and Mandy today, but some things happened and we sadly weren't able to connect. So, first stop was lunch at Taco Bell. When we got up to the window to pay we noticed that they charged us $1.25 for water so I told them I didn't want the waters (I refuse to pay for these tiny waters!). They got all rude, but did give us our money back. We headed out to Virginia City. It was beautiful. A street full of old buildings. What I thought would be a fun and interesting visit turned out to be a VERY BIG disappointment! We first went into a candy store which was a lot of fun and the kids had fun picking out their candy. Then we walked around town and checked out some stores. Kayleigh and Brent were looking around the "Sundance Store" for awhile when I came to see what they were doing the old woman who worked there told me "Kayleigh's the boss and she has her daddy whipped". Brent looked at me in outrage. The lady then preceded to take an item out of Jordans hand that he was looking at for no reason and put it back on the shelf. Needless to say we weren't going to buy anything in that store. We then went into another store where Kayleigh had another melt down and as we were already exiting her from the store, the woman who worked there told Kayleigh and Brent that they needed to leave the store. That upset us both since we were already in the process of it, yet she had to come and intervene. I stayed in the store and over heard her making comments on parenting to another customer which just upset me, so I left. When we talked to another customer they said that they were getting the same treatment just for having kids with them. So we decided we weren't going to spend any of our money in that town and we left. Kayleigh was having a hard day and making the day miserable, but we proceeded on to Lake Tahoe. We were going to all go swimming in the lake but it looks like a no go from the rain showers. On our way back from Tahoe a guy, maybe driving drunk, almost clipped us from behind. God was definetly watching over us. Then on to Downtown Reno, but first a stop at the Chocolate Nugget for free chocolate. That really salvaged the day for all of us! We got to take a picture by this huge statute which was in one of Jordan's "must see" books, so we were excited! Little kids in a candy store:) Then to Reno...oh my gosh can we say Ghetto!! We went to Circus Circus for a buffet dinner, got all the kids out of the car, then decided against it from all the hoodlums roaming aroung. Its 8 pm...what now for dinner? We were going to go to a casino buffet, but it was $28 for Brent, Jordan and I and $15 for Kayleigh-yah-NO! We ended up going to Joe's Diner for to go hamburgers. Very pricey! But we were over our day. So tired, cant wait for bed!!




The view coming into Carson City. We thought it was very pretty.


The streets of Virgina City.
Kayleigh memorized by the fellows walking in old time attire. She thought they were dressing up their pretty dresses like she does:)
Kayleigh posing in front of her favorite thing...CANDY!
Hmmm....what do I get?
OH MY GOSH! I am in heaven:)
Trying to find just the perfect candy...impossible, it all perfect!
Kayleigh reading a book in one of the stores.
Kayleigh decided to become a miner.
Kayleigh posing in front of an old time peanut roaster.
This building is where Mark Twain started his career as a writer for a Newspaper.
This dolls name is Shannon, aren't I beautiful!!
Get me out! Get me out! Get me out!!!
Lake Tahoe, very majestic:)
So excited for this one! The huge mining statute Jordan I found:) The dude is kind of scary, we were a little fearful of walking up to it (he looked like he was just going to come alive).
The Chocolate Nugget...peer bliss:)
Reno...The trashiest little city in the world is what it should read. Vegas is at least pretty, not much to say about Reno.

1 comment:

Benneysgal said...

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience in Northern Nevada! I lived in Carson City most of my life. If you guys are ever up there again head to Bower's Mansion or check out the museum in Carson. The Grand Sierra in Reno has a bowling alley and a fun arcade as well as a cute lil' ice cream shop. It's a shame those people in VC treated you that way! I can't think of anymore places off the top of my head. Oh! There was a tour in VC by train that went through the old mines I don't know if they still did it. It's stressful enough to take all the kids touring around to new places, a person should be considerate and understand that kids will do what they do. I would have done the exact same thing, except I don't think I would have had the same composure as you and Brent! I would have given those people and earfull and then some! ;)

Theresa