Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The fun of having kids

I love having kids, but I will admit at times they can be a pain in my caboose. The things they say though at this age are just too darn funny. Today I had to take Kayleigh to the Orthodontist since she has a cross bit. Well the quote I received just wasn't friendly. It will cost us over $1,000.00 just to get her bite fixed:( That wasn't good news. But on a good note, Journey has fought off 2 colds on her own! :) This is complete excitement for Brent and I. Since she has been born, everytime Journey gets a cold, it turns straight into her chest and she is on antibotics. Since January of last year she has been on breathing treatments every day. Most kids go off of them in the summer, but not our Journey, she stayed on them through the whole summer. So as you can see fighting off 2 colds in a row is a miracle. I took her for her 2 year checkup today, and the doctor was very impressed about her doing this. Is she growing out of her RAD (Reactive Airway Disease)? I am not sure, but I sure do hope so. They say by age 5 she should be better, but it is unknown. We were thinking there that this probably wasnt going to be the case, since she hadn't shown any signs of improvement, actually signs of getting worse. Can you sense my excitment? She is still on her daily breathing treatments and will be until May, after that we will assess the situation and possibly take her off the meds to see if she can sustain the summer. However come September she will be put back on them, to eliminate any possiblities of the hospital. As far as Trinity and Jordan, they are both doing fine. Jordan is a teenager and well we face the daily trials of a teenager. He has started Track N Field at high school and he is doing amazing. He is still trying to figure out the tricks, but he has gained his muscular body back and more and is in excellent health. Trinity is too darn funny and cute! She says just the cutest things:) Brent and I are working hard at being parents, having a successful marriage and having fun! So far so good:)

No comments: