Friday, February 20, 2009
Jordan's First Day of Timothy Classes
Today was the first day of the semester for Jordan's homeschooling classes through our co op. They are a lot of fun if you find the right classes. This semester I signed Jordan up for Aeronautics and Introductory to Logic. The gentleman who is teaching the Aeronautics class used to be in the Air Force and worked on all the airplanes. After the Air Force he did that for a living. Jordan LOVES this class. They are learning all about Aeronautics and will be constructing three model airplanes. I know for sure one will be a radio airplane. As for Logic...well he is 12 years old so of course it is far beyond his favorite, but mom is loving it. The teacher used to be a teacher at Cal State Fullerton in Math. She is extremely brillant and tough, but fun too. She teaches a lot of classes for homeschool students now, which can get pricey, so when I saw that she was teaching in the co op, I jumped in fast! By the way, co op is free. You just need to pay for supplies and a $20 registration fee for the year. Anyways, he said if he understood 100% of what she was talking about, he would be Albert Einstein:) So basically, time and money well spent :P The great thing about these classes, I get an hour and a half of free time to myself while Kayleigh and Trinity are in their own classes:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment