Monday, January 17, 2011
A weekend trip up to Big Bear
We left for Big Bear Saturday night and were so excited to get away! It was a rough first night since the kids took naps in the car and I had to have my final hours with my beloved cat, Anjelica, whom I have had since she was a baby and she was almost 12 yrs old. She was my cat and she knew who her mommy was. I spent that night just holding her, loving her, kissing her and of course crying over her. The next morning my mom made us yummy breakfast and then off to the vents to put Anjelica to sleep:( It was one of the most difficult things I ever had to do (other than the day we lost Job). She was so peaceful in my arms, she knew I was there. Jordan tried holding her but she tried to get away so he gave her back to me, where she cuddled up to me calmly. The doctor then injected her while I was holding her and she died in my arms. The reason for putting her down was she had feline cancer. When we got back to the house, the kids went outside to play in the snow. Kayleigh went right for the snow to make a snowman and she did pretty well. Trinity was the funniest. She was a total Tomboy. Throwing snowballs at Brent, eating the snow, digging in it, just having a great time. Journey could barely move in her snow gear but her favorite part was sliding down on her caboose on the snow. She had the biggest smile and giggle ever! Afterwards we went in to warm up and have some lunch. And of course that night they all took baths in the enormous jacuzzi bathtub my parents have. The highlight of all Big Bear trips. Not to mention the yummy homemade dinners that I dont have to cook:) The next day we left at noon to tour Lake Arrowhead. It had been a long time since I had been there so we checked it out. Not much to get excited about other than the kids feeding the ducks. They had a blast at that one! It was a good weekend other than my beloved Anjelica:(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment