Thursday, May 8, 2014

Journey and Presleys Character Themed Birthday Party

This past weekend was Journey and Presley's character themed birthday party. I  picked this so I could get rid of all my character themed items in storage.  I must say it was easy to plan since I could go with anything.  I asked all the kids to come dressed in character and offered a prize for best costume.  I hope you enjoy the pictures to follow!
This was the Toy story cake I made.  It was white cake filled with Brownie and chocolate ganache.

Presley wanted Tinkerbell and it was white cake with cannoli filling.  My neighbor ate the filling right out of the bowl.

Journey of course wanted frozen.  This one was strawberry cake with a strawberry mascarpone cheese inside.

Snow White was chocolate with strawberry mousse.

The cake table.  These took me 2 days to do:(

One centerpiece was a tinkerbell house that I made out of a cracker box and various other things

Despicable Me Centerpiece

Cars centerpiece

I made this hello kitty piñata.  It only cost me $2 to make and that even included all the filling.


The room

All the food
I made spiderman webs with pretzels and chocolate

Monster Inc sugar cookies

Harry Hausens PB & J sandwiches

Ninjago cups

This was our photobooth.  I handmade all the capes and the pillow cloud and upcycled cereal boxes for the buildings.

Even the moms got into it:)

One craft was the boys made superhero masks and the girls decorated their own wands.

We also had facepainting and tattoos


The first game was power rangers pin game
The second craft was coloring their own popsicle stick braclet


Next game was Oscars Trash game where they threw water bottles into a trash can

 
This was everyones favorite. Brent made bow and arrows and the kids and adults got into this one:)



My friend rents out her cotton candy machine for $25 so it cost us next to nothing for this entertainment.






Costume contest winners

These were Journeys favorite toys, frozen and new tinkerbell movie

Every kid got a piñata bag that I made.  The girls got a princess bag and the boys super hero bags.  I made more than this but forgot to take pics


I made minion cookie favors.

These were the masks the boys made

For the boys I made capes for them but they were a bit smaller than these two.

The girls made these wands and I made tiaras for their favors


Overall it was a great party and the kids had bunch of fun!

No comments: